Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Gain Weight in '08!

Is everything moving in slow motion right now, or is it just me? I'm stuck with a familiar feeling of being trapped in mud... I've written about this feeling before, I know I have.

Today I woke up in Salem and made it to the Brontesaurus by 8:30. As usual, I ate a triple-decker egg, ham, and cheese sandwich for breakfast. I finished a few UI glyphs, sat through a presentation, ate a ham and swiss sub for lunch, and sent Greg a graphic for the training manual. I also caught up with Alex, and he agreed to let me use him as a reference in my search for a employment. He even surprised me with a Starbucks gift card for Christmas. His wife just gave birth to their first son before the holidays, this at the same time as they were moving into their new home. I can only imagine the excitement and exhaustion.

As for me, it's "Blank Slate in '08." I need to format my life and defragment my brain.

I'm also partial to the slogan: "Gain Weight in '08."

Anyway, I've gotten distracted, I was stuck in mud... I suppose I accomplished a few things today. My to-do list may not be diminishing, but at least I'm crossing things off as fast as I'm writing new ones down. Besides, I'm making some money, which right now is of paramount importance considering I'm on the verge of selling snowballs to the kids on Mount. Pleasant.

After work, I put myself through a good workout at the gym that left me feeling refreshed and stinky. When I got home however, I was unfortunate to find that we're having a problem with our water heater. I couldn't withstand the cold shower for more than 15 seconds.

The rest of my night I spent reading Life of Pi. It's safe to say it... I'm addicted to this book. I highly recommend it to anyone with a curious mind and a strong imagination. I love it. Half the reading I did at home, the other half at Eggroll where I also caught up with Mike, Meng, Tina, and Sengly. I gave them 3 games for the cafe for Christmas (Candy Land, Battleship, and Chess). Hopefully they'll get many miles of use out of them. Seriously, who doesn't love Battleship?! 2B or not 2B?

2B.

No comments: