Friday, February 8, 2008

More Coding, Interviews, and Academics

» Yesterday I spent a couple hours to a program that visualizes (in 3D) the differences between pdb files. This is handy to see how my MD system compression script works.

» I also checked out Curran's JyVis platform from sourceforge and started tinkering. I have an idea to extend parallel coordinate visualizations to emphasize outliers, by clumping similar records. This marks my first experience with sourceforge and CVS. It's all easy-peasy with Eclipse! :]

» Today I decided to pay off my remaining 4 car payments before the final. I almost own my car!

» BioTeam contacted me this morning to set up a phone interview!

» Apparently I didn't fill out my graduation clearance form last semester, even though I thought I filled out a D.I.G. Therefore, I have to wait until this spring to get my M.S. degree. I'll also be paying $85 to keep "in status." Uhhhggg!!!

» The Lowell Winterfest Photo exhibit opens tomorrow. It feels so good to finally have those prints matted and framed.

» Tuesday I'm setting sail for Cambridge to take my first steps inside the glorious Broad Institute and interview with the Imaging Platform group. I'll be the first to interview for this position, so let's hope I leave a lasting impression. *crosses fingers* ...still, I'm not sure what work I'll present to them.

» Dr. Catherine Plaisant will be in Lowell on Wednesday holding colloquium on "Visualizing Patterns: Repetition patterns in text, and temporal patterns in Electronic Health Records." I met and worked with Dr. Plaisant at VAST 2006 in Baltimore and she left a good impression on me, so I'm looking forward to hearing her French accent again.

1 comment:

Dissertation Writing service said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.