Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Gaining Momentum

Well, I'm midway through my first week at the Broad. As expected, I'm going a mile a minute to just get acclimated to working in this new environment. Going to orientations, getting all the credentials, and setting up on all the systems are just the tip of the iceberg. I already have a massive todo list comprised of many things that I don't exactly know how to do just yet.

Still, I like the people I work with, and where we work. The energy of being in the city. The energy of being on the MIT campus... The energy of working with people whose intense curiosity is matched only by their drive to discover and create something new. I'm making friends as quickly as I'm falling in love with the city.

I also never expected to know so many people in the Cambridge area. Yesterday, I bumped into Curran on my way to the green line. Five minutes later I bumped into Jackie as we were getting off the same train car. I joined her for breakfast at Starbucks, then again for lunch at Au Bon Pain. That night, Nick and I hit Boston Beerworks for dinner and caught the Bruins game at the Garden (courtesy of Lincoln Labs). We had excellent seats, and even managed to catch Bruins shirts being thrown out to the audience by the Ice Girls. Today, Tim joined me at ABP for lunch, and tomorrow I'm meeting Curran for an early breakfast. Jamal is also in the area, so I'm hoping to sync up with him soon. Then there's Kat at BU, who I'll have to visit on campus and get some Jamba Juice while I'm there. Love it!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Goodluck on settling in, Like your posts.