Sunday, July 13, 2008

Uprooting and Replanting

My arms and back have a good ache going on after surfing four times in the past two days. The sets today should be rolling in around chest high, but you won't find me out there. Nope -- I'll be spending the day uprooting myself from North Chelmsford and replanting in Lynn.

To be honest, I feel kind-of anxious about the move. Money could be a huge factor, but there are other subtleties that give rise to my anxiety. Whatever happens, I need to make this location work out for me. This move will plant me much closer to Ashley, work, and the ocean, not to mention the fact that I'll living with my best friend since forever. If there are so many blatantly positive aspects, why then is it that I still feel a bit uneasy?

"Don't worry. Be happy." Bobby McFerrin, you always know just what to say to make me feel good.

So the entourage (my family) should be arriving hopefully within the next 30 minutes. For now, I'm sitting the the rubble that is left of my room. It's a sad sight, for a site that I put so much time into making my own. I remember telling Gary once that I wished I could paint a mural on one of my slanted ceiling-walls, to which he laughed and replied, "Don't worry, I don't think you're room could possibly have more character than it already does." For whatever reason, I took this as a massive compliment.

No comments: